Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Christmas is Special

Christmas means a lot more when you tell other people about it. Today in a couple of my classes, I let my students listen to "Away in a Manger."  




Since the two classes are focused on listening comprehension, they had to listen to the song and fill in the blanks with the correct word. We talked about what it means and why people in the U.S. celebrate Christmas.

It's been a while since I felt a special place for Christmas in my heart. I've understood why it's important, but I didn't feel it. Today was the first time in a long time I felt that special feeling about it. I used to feel excited because it meant I would find that Barbie Beetle Bug under the tree. Now, I'm just starting to really understand why people get so excited about it. There's a deeper emotion that wasn't in me before.

Sharing that with people who don't understand or have never heard it before makes Christmas more meaningful.

No comments:

Post a Comment